Williamsburg Montessori School welcomes students of all races, religions, and ethnicities. Our enrollment process aims to ensure that WMS remains a lively and diverse community guided by Montessori philosophy, committed to the shared work of “following the child.”
- Prospective families start by visiting our school for a tour, an introduction to the Montessori philosophy and a classroom observation. Tours are available year-round.
- Interested families may submit an application and nonrefundable $50 fee.
- As openings become available, new families are contacted to arrange an appointment for their child to meet with the classroom directress/guide. (Approximately 20-45 minutes for Toddler and Children’s House children. Elementary and Middle School students may spend a half to a full day in the classroom during school hours.)
- The Admissions Committee reviews all materials received, consults with the classroom directress, and makes a decision about the appropriateness of the WMS program for the applicant.
- In keeping with Montessori philosophy, we compose our classes carefully. We seek a relatively even distribution of boys, girls, and ages–a critical component to the success of each three-year developmental cycle.
- We give preference to Montessori transfer students and siblings of current students.
- Newly accepted families have seven days to enroll by signing and returning an Enrollment Agreement and paying the Advance Tuition Deposit. After seven days the School will offer the opening to another candidate. A student is considered enrolled ONLY when the Advance Tuition Deposit is paid and an agreement is signed and returned to the School. All subsequent paperwork required for matriculation must then be completed by the indicated deadlines.
- Students who are not offered admission during the current academic year may elect to keep their applications active for up to one year. In the event that unexpected openings arise, we will draw from our pool of active applications.
No person shall, on the basis of race, color, religious belief, national origin, or sex, be excluded from participation, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any WMS program.