Williamsburg Montessori School is located in the beautiful Historic Triangle of Virginia near Colonial Williamsburg. WMS is an independent, coeducational school that provides authentic Montessori education to 160 students between the ages of eighteen months and fourteen years.
Elementary After-School Assistant
The Assistant will:
Provide a safe and nurturing environment for children in the WMS After-School Program for children, ages 6 – 14
- Work the hours of 2:30-5:30 pm Monday through Friday
- Supervise children in the classroom and on the playground
- Circulate the playground to ensure safety of all children
- Work collaboratively with the other members of the After-School Program
- Use language and implement programs consistent with Montessori philosophy
- Positive language and re-direction
- Quiet voices
- Encourage independence
- Observe VA Licensing Standards
- Maintain appropriate communication with parents
- Maintain appropriate communication with After-School Director and administration – inform of needs, events, issues, etc…
- Keep appropriate records and documentation – sign-in and sign-out sheets, attendance, accident/incident reports, etc…
- Clean and make sure the classroom is ready and prepared for the next day at the end of every day
Requested Start Date: November 1, 2016
The position will remain open until filled.
Please send resume to email@example.com Attn: A/S Assitant. All applications will be kept confidential, and receipt will be acknowledged via email.
The Williamsburg Montessori School follows Virginia State Fair Employment regulations and practices equal opportunity employment as part of its ongoing commitment to diversity in the workplace.